We have many different types of supporters of the community foundation. Some supporters are old, others are young. Some give small amounts, other large amounts. Some give to specific projects, others give to help our operations or community grants. Some have established a fund at the foundation, others have listed the Marshfield Area Community Foundation in their will. We value all supporters and that they have chosen to donate any amount, no matter how big to us. We have complied several lists to honor our donors:
- Operational Endowment: The Endowment allows us to spend 4-5% each year from the earnings to help support operations. This allows us to give more back to the community through our Community Grants.
- Lifetime Giving: The commitment of these donors to our non-restricted funds assures the Foundation's capacity for meeting the needs of the community for years to come.
- Legacy Society: The Legacy Society provides a way for us to recognize generous individuals who have made plans to benefit this area's future.
- Unrestricted Funds: The Forever Fund supplements our operating budget, supports our Community Grants program and provides us with the flexibility we need to respond to new and changing community needs.
- Honoraria Gifts: Donations may be given in in honor of another individual. In such cases, MACF informs the fund holder as well as the individual honored.
- Memorials: Donations may be given in memory of an individual. In such cases, MACF informs the fund holder as well as the individual honored or the family of the person memorialized.