Marshfield Area Community Foundation Continues to Make Grants that Enrich the Quality of Life in our Community
Marshfield and the surrounding area have a reputation for being a caring community that is very generous in helping those who have need. In these economic times we must all come together to serve the greater good. The mission of the Marshfield Area Community Foundation is to “connect people who care with causes that matter to enrich the quality of life in the Marshfield area. We believe this to be even truer when our community, families, and the world are in greater need than ever. We respond to the needs in our community through our Community Grants, Senior Grants, and the Women’s Giving Circle.
This year 14 groups submitted grant requests, asking for over $25,000 in funding. Our Board of Trustees has voted to fund the following projects with the Community and Senior Grants Programs:
- Marshfield Area Coalition for Youth - $1400 Sponsor two parent network dinner.
- Marshfield Area Coalition for Youth- $320 for Youth initiiatives Softball Event
- Marshfield Outdoor Learning Sanctuary- $2000 to support building of new bridges
- North Wood County-$350 Multi Media Projection of Ewducational History
- Opportunity Development Center- $1500 to support ODC's electronics recyling program
- Palm Sunday Chorus- $1000 60th anniversary Commission
- St. Vincent DePaul- Frederic Ozanam Transitional Shelter - $2500 to help support the new building
The Board also voted to accept the recommendations from the Women’s Giving Circle to make the following grants:
- Marshfield Area Coalition for Youth - $680 for Youth initiiatives Softball Event
- St. Vincent DePaul- Frederic Ozanam Transitional Shelter - $2000 to help support the new building
Marshfield Area Community Foundation has committed $11,750 in assistance to the above groups. You can help us help others. Please consider a donation to the Marshfield Area Community Foundation Community Grants or Women’s Giving Circle. In giving, you enrich your own life while helping our work of addressing critical and emerging needs from non-profits that feed the hungry, help a family, extend a hand to the needy or provide heat in the cold.
The Marshfield Area Community Foundation gives back to our community. In the past 19 years $3.7 million dollars in grants have been given back to the community. Grants applications are submitted for consideration and reviewed for funding.